So I read a blog today where someone posted their goals for the week and I felt all inspired to post mine. Figured it might make me accountable. So here goes…
- Buy John a Valentine’s Day Card. I know, I know…it’s our FIRST Valentine’s day together…and I did buy him a nice gift, but no card yet. Speaking of love and romance, someone recently told me that if a woman proposes to a man on Leap Year (Feb 29th) he cannot refuse her. I decided to research this and found out that by tradition, if he turns her down, he is then obligated to buy her gloves to cover her shame in having no engagement ring. I mentioned all this to John and I don’t think he was impressed. Here’s hoping I do not get GLOVES for Valentine’s Day.
- Do a round up shopping trip to CVS or Walgreens or maybe both. My stash is getting low and I need to be on the lookout for things like trash bags. Right now I’m using both Savings Angel and The Grocery Game and I’ll have to decide which to go with for my coupon shop. I did come up with an even better way of organizing my coupons–still using a file system, but I pre-made up a bunch of folders and put it all in a milk crate–which fits neatly on a shelf in my office when not in use. Super easy to use and I love how organized it all is!
- Write another blog article about Spendthrifts vs Tightwads. I read some cool stuff about how to change your mindset to spend less that I want to share… stay tuned for that!
- Make it through Day 2 of the SBI course. This is a cool course I just signed up for that helps you establish a niche website for passive income opportunities. (Just FYI, the course is set up so that a ‘day’ doesn’t necessarily mean 24 hours…) Wouldn’t it be sweet if I could make enough online to quit my full time job? I told John that if I make over 100K a year online, he can quit too (this is assuming we’re married, of course). John bought a lottery ticket. I hope that doesn’t mean he thinks the odds are better there.
- Don’t kill my boss or anyone at work. Ooops…did I say that out loud? JUST KIDDING. Mostly. Work’s been kind of stressful lately. Just trying to do a good job and keep my nose to the grindstone.
- Stick to my diet. I’m trying something new this week–a food exchange type of system. So far so good.
- Don’t buy food before grocery day. I’m finding that sticking to the diet kind of makes this step easier. If I can save money and lose some weight at the same time, that’s a double bonus!
- Get housework done early so I can have a “me” day on Sunday. Totally would LOVE a day of no chores. My mom does this as a way to keep the Sabbath holy. Of course my parents are retired. It seems like this is a goal that is hard to do when you work full time and are a single homeowner!
So… what do you think? What’s on your ‘to do’ list this week?